Was thinking what to write so I decided to surf a bit until I stumbled into a site’s entry “10 Things To Do Before the Year Ends” at http://www.webworkerdaily.com
Let’s see what I’ve accomplished from the list and if it means I still have to be cramming since it’s the second to the last day of the year already.
1) Plan for a successful New Year. This one well, the top and yet the hardest. Isn’t it obvious that call it procastination but I’d say I’m a lost on where to start on the “planning”. That’s why I’m having trouble on what to write/blog. Well… I have less than 48 hours to plan my 2010.
2) Clean your email box. Since my Powerbook is busted and mostly I’m working in my office iMac I guess I have to hit the “all read” button the moment I go back to work on Monday. I have a habit of leaving emails unread in the intention of going back at it “if” it seems interesting until it comes to a point that I forgot all about it. Bad habit I have to kick in 2010. I should delete it if it’s not interesting or read it at once to avoid those unread mail numbers from getting any higher.
3) File papers. Partially done. I guess since mostly I pay online though I’ve been receiving bills via snail mail. I should be sorting those envelops and throwing them into the trash bin for recycling giving space to my table area/drawer.
4) Update your resume and bio. This I had to strikeout. I’m cool and satisfied with where I am so I think there’s no need for me to update/create any resume or bio. What I updated was my notebook of work. Wrote all my notes on scratch papers to my work notebook for a cleaner and clearer reference.
5) Organize your workstation. Proud to say I’m done with this one since Monday. Even though it’s our break, I went back to the office to organize my area Ü
6) Clean your computer(s). My personal computer, an old Powerbook is still in the computer hospital 😦 As for my iMac in the office, I’ve cleaned it from inside-out.
7) Take care of administrative tasks. I don’t think this is applicable to me in the field of work. But if it’s on household chores, I guess I’m good to go. Christmas feast was over and quite a success. All my prepared food were a hit and those who ate them are still alive :p As for the meals to welcome the coming New Year, all are prepared as well.
8) Review your address book. I’m still having problems syncing my phone with the Address Book in office’s iMac. I’ll just sort my phone and update the Address Book manually.
9) Review your social media strategy. I’m still single and I don’t really depend on the internet and the social networking Facebook, Multiply and other social networks are doing. But as one of my “plans” for 2010, I think I have to lessen my time in these networks or at least schedule the use of it. But I should drop the FB games I’ve been addictedly playing for the past months.
10) Assess your marketing strategy. Is marketing strategy part of selling myself? Honestly, I’m in no hurry to get out of the “single” circle. But if in terms of work/business I have now a responsibility to consider being a co-owner of the company/group I’m working with Ü
Not bad. Half of the list has been striked out. Now, on with the “planning”. This time I guess I have to keep it and give myself the challenge 😉
Come to think of it, what has 2009 brought me?